If you flip on the television during the daytime, you’ll be bombarded with clever marketing campaigns that promise you a sparkling, germ-free home. However, many of these “miracle” products contribute to indoor air pollution, they’re harmful if inhaled or touched, and they’re poisonous if ingested. Thousands of emergency calls related to toxic cleaning product exposure are made to the U.S. Poison Control Centers each year. Children under six are especially susceptible to toxic exposures because they are more likely to touch or swallow cleaners that have spilled or been left open around the home. Corrosive drain cleaners, oven cleaners, and acidic toilet bowl cleaners are the most toxic types of cleaning products because they can cause severe burns to the eyes, skin, throat, and esophagus if touched or ingested. However, even the most common spray surface cleaners and detergents cause people to suffer headaches, sneezing and respiratory irritation.
Fortunately, there’s a better way. Your home is not a chemistry lab, and synthetic chemicals are not the only ingredients that can get the gunk off your most grimy areas. All-natural products, like Seagate’s new Olive Leaf Surface Cleaner wash away germs and contaminants without the scary side effects. Instead of commonly-used man-made chemicals like butoxypropanol and alkyl polyglycoside, our Seagate Olive Leaf Surface Cleaner is made of two much more understandable ingredients with powerful antimicrobial properties: olive leaf extract and grapefruit extract.
Stop buying into the hype about commercial cleaning products, and learn about the ingredients you use to clean your home. All-natural cleaning products probably won’t get you out of your household chores, but at least you won’t be calling the poison control hotline while you’re scrubbing!