From the seeds to the juice, the fruit, and the oil, each and every part of a pomegranate is beneficial to your health. But during certain times of year and in certain geographic regions, pomegranates can be difficult to find in grocery store produce sections. If keeping a constant supply of the fruit in your kitchen is a challenge, consider picking up a bottle of our Pomegranate 500 mg capsules, which include every part of the pomegranate fruit. We freeze-dry this mixture and ground it into fine powder, using no chemicals, solvents, or fillers throughout the entire process.
According to family physician, best-selling author, and nutritional medicine specialist, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, these are some of the healthy features of the pomegranate:
- Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent immune supporting effects
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation
Our capsules are one of the simplest ways to ensure you’re body is getting enough of the essential nutrients contained in pomegranate, but there are lots of great ways to use pomegranate powder too. Here are a few options to experiment with pomegranate powder in your kitchen at home:
- Add to Indian and Iranian curries and chutneys to provide a tart and tangy flavors
- Sprinkle over vegetable salads, fruit salads, and cold pasta dishes
- Marinate chicken or lamb in pomegranate powder and other spices
- Make pomegranate simple syrup to pour over waffles, add to beverages, or as an ice cream topping
- Add to hummus to put a tangy flavor with roasted walnuts and red peppers
- Mix into hearty soups and stews that are full of flavorful meats and vegetables
- Create a glaze with pomegranate powder and light corn syrup to rub into wings and ribs in place of barbecue sauce
- Combine with trail mix that contains dried cherries, dried blueberries, roasted walnuts, and dark chocolate chips
And of course, pomegranate and other fruit powders are always delicious in smoothies. Here’s a sample smoothie recipe that features pomegranate powder, and that you can alter with a variety of fruits to satisfy your taste.
Sample Pomegranate Powder Smoothie
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate powder
- 2 cups raspberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups berries of your choice
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds (to create chia gel)
- 2 cups water (to create chia gel)
Mix chia seeds and water to create a gel. Add 2 Tbsp of chia gel to the smoothie mixture. Blend thoroughly and enjoy!