Your last chance to submit comments to the FDA over your experiences with homeopathic medicines closes on June 22. Prior to writing new (more restrictive) regulations about homeopathics which already fall under FDA jurisdiction and regulation, the FDA is seeking the following information:
- Consumer attitudes about homeopathy
- Whether or not consumers have enough information to make informed decisions about purchasing homeopathic products over the counter (OTC)
- And whether there is confusion at store shelves with placement of homeopathic medicines next to non-homeopathic medicines
Guidance for Submitting Comments to the FDA on their Questionnaire –
- The most effective, meaningful comments will address:
- YOUR attitudes about homeopathy, and/or
- YOUR experiences making decisions about purchasing OTC homeopathic products
Why? Because THOSE TOPICS are what FDA is interested in gathering more information about.
- We know many, many people have amazing stories to tell about how well homeopathy worked for them. For the purposes of this public comment period, those stories are going to be most meaningful when they focus on using homeopathy for common ailments that can be self-diagnosed and treated at home (like colds, allergies, headaches, minor injuries, etc.) rather than chronic or diagnosed-based conditions. Again, FDA is most interested in hearing about consumer attitudes towards and making decisions about purchasing homeopathic products in stores. Please try to limit your comments to these topics.
- Pay attention to the length of your comments. Try to submit comments that are neither too short nor too long. Be respectful and not belligerent.
All comments must be submitted online by June 22, 2015 here: http://www.regulations.
On the page:
- Make sure to uncheck that you are submitting comment on behalf of a third party.
- Select ‘individual consumer’ from the Category drop down menu.
Thank you in advance for your support and please forward this call for comment on to anyone else who you think might be interested in participating!
Everyone in this country (adults) should be able to make their own choices about their health care. No matter whether you prefer prescription drugs and hospitals (allopathic), good diet and natural remedies (prevention by good common sense), or by your faith and prayer. In America we have and rightfully should have freedom to choose.
In the field of healthcare, there are very strong economic interests that would like to take away your choices so that only they could supply their goods and services and make a fortune doing so.
The FDA is going through the motions at the moment that will eventually lead to elimination of most homeopathic remedies from the market to satisfy their friends at big Pharma. You can let your voice be heard as a consumer.
Okay, this is really giving me a headache. So it’s time to escape back to a happy place — to a coral reef off Belize.